we've been SO busy trying the get the rest of the main level finished before winter! and this past week, we were able to start moving some things in! i still can't believe we have a WHOLE house to live in now...its been 13 months since we started. so it's bee so long awaited. i'll start off with a little 'before & after' of the powder room on the main level. all the walls are painted and floors are finished...but we still have the 'puzzle' of putting the trim back up. that'll take a while. but it's getting there AND it's livable now!
here's the 'before' of the half bath. love the slanted ceiling...its located under the main stairwell going upstairs. we decided to change a few things...the pedestal sink was miniature...almost too small for normal use and we also moved it over a little bit, so it wasn't so close to the toilet.
i wanted to do some built-ins in the space under the staircase...but we haven't had time...that'll be a winter project or something for next year. i found the perfect size dresser to put in there for now. i decided on sconces in there, instead of an overhead light. the boxes were cut in before we decided what we wanted, and in hindsight....i may have done something a little bit differently. with the slope of the ceiling, the sconces hang pretty low..but i still like them. the floors in there are the 5" wide pine planking. LOVE THEM! i actually with the entire house was the planking. its so gorgeous. we had all the floors sanded and refinished and they turned out better than i ever imagined.
we went to an architectural salvage place in north mpls to look for some things for the house, a few months back. i found this really cool old pedestal sink. the enamel is in pretty good shape...it needs a good cleaning, but otherwise is okay. and its such a better size than the mini one that was in there. i went with a darker color for the powder room walls, for a little bit of drama. its called grenada villa, by benjamin moore.
i had found these really cool pulley's about a year ago and hadn't done anything with them yet...so we decided to make those our sconces. i found a metal back plate and we drilled holes through it for the wire and the hook that holds the pulley. i ordered some vintage looking twisted wire and brass sockets for the light itself and then some silvered light bulbs. i really do like how they turned out!
and here's a shot of the dresser i did, that fits perfectly in the space!
once the trim is up and painted, its going to be finished and it'll look great! can't wait! i don't think i'll EVER be finished painting....